AJA and Avid are pleased to announce Ki Pro compatibility with Avid NLE systems.
Through its own Avid Media Access Architecture (AMA), Avid enables users to connect the AJA Ki Pro to Mac-based Media Composer and Symphony systems to instantly view, edit and play back ProRes QuickTime files with access to all clip metadata.
With Ki Pro compatibility, Avid Media Composer and Symphony customers will be able to:
• Record hours of pristine Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime media to a removable storage module
with built-in FireWire800 for immediate editing and file access on OS X
• Record natively to Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 422 (LT) for full raster 10-bit 4:2:2 HD/SD
• Bridge proprietary compression schemes by recording to edit-friendly Apple ProRes 422
• Connect any digital camera via SDI or HDMI, or any analog camera with multiple input options
• Convert in real time from SD to HD, or 720 to/from 1080, in full 10-bit quality
• Extend client review capabilities with simultaneous recording to camera and Ki Pro
• Extend productive life of existing cameras and embrace future workflows with powerful conversion capabilities
• Use built-in wireless 802.11 and Ethernet for complete control via a web-browser or iPhone
• Leverage new capabilities planned for summer 2010 including support for 8-channel embedded SDI audio, gang recording with multiple Ki Pro devices via web-based UI and RS 422 device control.
v2.0 firmware is also being demonstrated at the AJA NAB booth adding workflow features for all Ki Pro users.
Ki Pro version 2.0 will include:
• Support for 8-channel embedded audio
• Support for gang recording with multiple Ki Pro units via the web interface
• RS-422 device control