Matrox Mtx.utils 3.0 provides the following new features:
- Support for Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium software, including Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Encoder CS5, and Adobe Encore CS5 (earlier versions of these programs are not supported).
- You can now add many Matrox effects to your Adobe Premiere Pro sequences, including chroma key, luma key, and wipes.
- On MXO2 systems that have MAX technology or a Matrox CompressHD card, new Matrox RT technology gives you full-resolution, full-frame-rate, multi-layer, realtime video editing in Premiere Pro. With Matrox RT technology, all the Matrox effects are realtime, and many Premiere Pro effects and transitions are accelerated for realtime playback, including Motion effects, dissolves, fades, and speed changes.
- Up/down/cross conversion for video capture and output, and support for selecting analog component RGB or YUV output.
- Matrox RS-422 device control for capturing clips and exporting your Matrox sequences to tape in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- New 32-bit and 64-bit Matrox Video for Windows (VFW) codecs, including “+ Alpha” versions of the Matrox uncompressed and MPEG-2 I-frame codecs.
- The Matrox WYSIWYG plug-ins now support 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
- When encoding using the Matrox MAX H.264 codec on MXO2 products with MAX technology and CompressHD, the following new features are provided:
- – Support for H.264 levels 4.1 and 4.2, and a maximum data rate of 50 Mb/sec.
- – A maximum GOP size of 254.
- – A slider is provided to let you adjust the bitrate for AAC audio.
- – Support for transcoding directly to Matrox H.264 format for Blu-ray Disc authoring in Adobe Encore.
Note: This release is not supported for use with Avid editing software. At present, you must use Mtx.utils version 2.2 if you want to use your MXO2 Mini or MXO2 Mini with MAX with Avid Media Composer or NewsCutter.